207600 Highway 26, Thornbury, ON, N0H 2P0
Quick and Easy Kale Carbonara
1 lb linguine
5 strips of bacon, diced
2 bunches of kale, stems removed and coarsely chopped
1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
1. Cook the pasta as per the package directions
2. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and sauté diced bacon until crisp
3. Add washed, coarsely-chopped kale to the bacon renderings and sauté until wilted
4. Whisk eggs and cheese together and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
5. Once kale is sautéed, squeeze the juice of the lemon and toss with bacon
6. After pasta is al dente, drain and add to the kale mixture. Stir in egg and cheese. Serve immediately.
Optional: Add some of the starchy pasta water if the carbonara appears too dry.
Kale - the superfood everyone talks about - is delicious when prepared properly, and is jam-packed with iron, vitamin K and powerful antioxidants. Here is a quick and easy carbonara recipe packed with healthy kale. Ready in just 30 minutes!