207600 Highway 26, Thornbury, ON, N0H 2P0
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Goat Cheese
4 Portobello muchrooms, washed and rinsed, stems removed
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
113g package goat cheese
2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1. Once you have washed and rinsed the mushrooms, dry up excess water with paper towels. Let them sit as you prepare the other ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar. This will be used to baste the mushrooms as they are grilling.
3. In another bowl, combine the cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and garlic, and mix. Set aside.
4. Spray BBQ grill with olive oil and heat - get the grill nice and hot.
5. Lay the mushroom caps on the hot grill with the flat side up. Brush the oil and vinegar mixture generously over the mushroom cap. After a few minutes, turn the mushroom over and brush the other side with the oil mix. Grill for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove the mushrooms from the grills and spread the cheese mixture on the flat side of the mushroom cap. Serve with warm naan bread and a garden salad.